how much does it cost? pricing
out-of-hub locking fee
$2 fee for locking a bike outside of any official hub location.
- $1.50 riding credit for bringing an “out-of-hub” bike to a hub location.
- $20 fee for locking a bike outside of the system area.
- Maximum charge for riding time is $30 per day.
- Trips are prorated to the minute.
- Put a bike on hold before locking it to a rack to keep it in your name. The clock will still keep ticking.
- Clock starts when you reserve a bike via mobile/web.
- Prices don’t include sales tax.
How it works
Choose your plan and sign up for a Tower Bridge Bike Share Preview membership through the website or mobile app. You will be assigned an account number and prompted to choose a PIN code.
Enter your 6-digit account number and 4-digit PIN into the keypad on the back of the bike to unlock it.
Remove the U-lock and place it in the holster before you take off. To make a quick stop, press the “HOLD” button and lock the bike to a rack.
To end your trip, just lock your bike at one of our convenient hub locations, or lock at any regular bike rack inside the system for a $2 fee.
Download the mobile app
Not near a computer? You can use our mobile application for iOS and Android to sign up, find the nearest bikes, hub locations, promotions, and more.
We’re committed to providing a great mobile app experience.
We regularly improve existing features while continuing to add new additions to both our web and mobile app. Have some feedback for us? Use our help desk to learn more about what’s new and what you think we should add or improve.
Learn more about us
WHAT The Tower Bridge Bike Share Preview is an initial roll out of 50 smart bikes to enhance the Sacramento region’s transportation options available 24/7. Use them for commuting, running errands, visiting friends or just for fun! A full system of 900 bikes is expected in the Fall of 2017.
WHERE Bikes will be located at hub locations in Sacramento and West Sacramento. See the map above and consult the system area to make sure not to lock bikes outside the boundaries.
WHEN The Preview is launching in May 2017.
BENEFITS Tower Bridge Bike Share Preview enhances transportation options, reduces traffic congestion and helps boost the local economy!
ride safe, follow the rules
Do a Pre-Ride Check
Check the bike’s tire pressure, try the grip bell, and if you’re riding at night check that the front and rear lights are illuminated.
Follow the Rules
Yield to pedestrians. Stop at all red lights and stop signs. Ride in the direction of traffic. Use the grip bell to signal your presence. Do not wear more than one earphone while riding.
Tips for Turns
Use hand signals to let drivers and other cyclists know your intention to turn or to stop. Don’t turn or change lanes without knowing the position of the cars and bikes around you.
Make it easy for the other traffic around you. Don’t make unexpected turns that put yourself and others in danger. Ride at a steady pace so other vehicles can anticipate your movement.
Wear a Helmet
Wear a helmet whenever you ride. Always buckle the strap. Replace your helmet after any crash and whenever you see signs of damage. Avoid these common helmet mistakes
become a sponsor
host a bike share station
on your property
- Drive traffic to your business
- Foster happy, healthy and productive employees
- Make it convenient for customers to shop
- Enhance your visibility in the community
- Display your logo on system assets
advertise with us
- High-profile advertising opportunities
- Advertise on stations, bikes, the website, print materials, mobile applications and more!
for more details
Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org